Thank you for reaching out! My schedule is currently full and I won't be able to offer free consultations for my waiting list until Summer of 2021. If you're looking for immediate help, click here to view national directories of Christian therapists.
If you would like to be contacted in April 2021 to be considered for my waiting list, please answer the questions below by cutting and pasting to a secure email here.
1. Where do you live, what time zone do you live, and what is your zip code?
2. What time of day are you available for weekly appointments?
3. Have you been in counseling before or have you received spiritual direction, coaching, or consultation services?
4. If you live in MI, TN, or MA and you have BCBS, will you want to use your insurance benefits for counseling? *If you don't live in one of these three states, please read the paragraph below.
5. Are you able to commit financially to weekly sessions? (IFS is the type of therapy that is most effective if we meet weekly at first.)
6. I am only offering online/distance services due to the COVID limitations. Since we would be meeting online, do you have fast internet and a private place to meet? Have you ever used video chat before in the space you'd be using for our sessions?
7. How did you hear about me?
8. Briefly describe your goals?
Thank you for taking the time to provide some information about your interest in working with me. I look forward to connecting with you!
You may also want to check out the free audio recordings/interviews, articles and book recommendations here on my website while you are waiting for my schedule to open up. I also have a more thorough package on Christian IFS available.
Julie Honeycutt, LPC
*If you don't live in a state where I am not licensed (MI, TN, MA), I offer IFS consultation and IFS informed Spiritual Direction. IFS consultation/SD has some limitations compared to IFS therapy. One is that I cannot accept insurance. Secondly, how long we meet and I'd need to search your state to make sure there's not someone else equally qualified to offer these specialized services. (I don't think there is but I'd need to check to be able to document your need to see me, specifically.) As far as duration of our meetings, 10 or so meetings is usually what it takes for people to get a deep enough idea of the work. After 10 or so meetings, we will reevaluate to see if you want to continue and discuss alternative resources, since at that point, you'll then have a clearer sense of the unique services (Christian IFS) I offer and be able to compare your options. Of course, at anytime you're okay to stop meeting, you do not have to commit to 10 sessions.