Women's Christian IFS Soul Care Retreat
Sept. 29th-Oct. 1st, 2023
Join us with a group of women on a journey toward healing in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina (WNC). Together we will spend time creating space for the parts of your soul needing attention and care. Our thoughtful and Certified-IFS clinicians will guide you through a weekend of experiences grounded in the Christian faith. You will have plenty of time to rest and restore by the serene mountain lake nestled in the mountains while reconnecting with God.
If you’re considering this retreat, we are praying for your discernment of whether this is the time for God to meet you where you are through this place set apart from everyday life. In the practice of soul care and exploring one's inner landscape, Vanessa and Julie have trekked their own journeys by utilizing IFS as a vehicle to grow in their relationship with the Lord. They are honored to guide you where the Lord is nudging you, gently yet deeply, because they know what it’s like to seek health and wholeness through painful experiences with Christ at the center. Learn more about the retreat leaders below.
You will have time to explore the grounds at Lake Logan's Retreat Center during one of your many opportunities for free time.
Our time together will include:
- Lectio Divina
- Christian IFS experiences
- Contemplative Prayer
- Authentic Movement
- Christian Yoga
- A creation station
- Many meals that you don't have to cook or clean up!
- 2 nights in a charming rustic cabin nestled in God’s beautiful creation within walking distance of our main lodge
- Each cabin has two rooms. You will have a room to yourself unless you want to come with a friend.
- 6 meals that you don’t have to cook or clean up
- 2 certified-IFS retreat leaders
- Healthy snacks
- All materials for creative activities and leisure
- Access to the grounds of Lake Logan retreat center with creek, trails, rocking chairs, etc.
- Paddle Room of the Boathouse for lake access
- Fishing (with a valid NC fishing license)
- See the ‘Peak at the Weekend’ section on the 'More Information' link below for descriptions of the various soul care activities we have planned
Cabins accommodate 2-4 people so if you want to bring a friend, we'll be sure you get bunked together! Each cabin is equipped with a mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and linens, oh! and of course a view of the surrounding mountains and lake.
Arrive between 12PM-1PM on Friday, September 29, 2023, at the peaceful and serene Lake Logan property. A boxed lunch will be available to give you time to explore the grounds and settle in the main gathering lodge. We will journey our way through the weekend and depart on Sunday, October 1, 2023, by 11:00 AM after breakfast and a closing circle.
For those flying to NC, we recommend Asheville Regional airport (45 min. from Lake Logan). The two closest major cities to Lake Logan are Knoxville, TN (2 hours) and Charlotte, NC (3.5 hours). You will need a rental car to get to Lake Logan but the grounds are walkable. If you wish to share-ride with others flying in, let us know and we’ll help you coordinate. Lake Logan Address: 25 Wormy Chestnut Lane, Canton, NC, 28716